|Title:||Controls Assembler (Electrician)|
For over 70 years Ahaus has been building innovative manufacturing solutions for its customers. Ahaus products are engineered with insight and foresight – never with hindsight. Our technically strong mechanical and controls engineers continuously search for thoughtful solutions to improve customers’ manufacturing processes. We anticipate and solve problems not only in the design of our products but in their application.
Ahaus is seeking a Controls Assembler (Electrician). This position controls wiring on machines, analyzes & corrects electrical problems & repairs & overhauls electrical equipment & controls.
Duties, Responsibilities & Information
- Plans details of working procedure by determining replacement needs/new material required & develop a logical approach to correct the problem
- Analyzes circuits, wiring diagrams & drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service or replace electronic devices & systems
- Received wiring diagrams, specifications & instructions from supervisor covering emergency & scheduled repairs, installation, & electrical inspection work to be performed
- Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory & principles, statutory codes, properties of materials, & principles of operation of electrical equipment; starts up & shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation & shut down & in line with OSHA requirements
- Services electronic equipment by checking, testing & replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards & similar electronic devices
- Installs, repairs, & maintains communication power distribution cables, then required
- Fabricates parts, if not commercially available, using machine & h& tools
- Determines need for analyzes, & makes necessary running adjustments, repairs & overhauls
- Advises/cautions operators & mechanics about potential electrical problems/inherent dangers
- Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment & corrective action taken
- Assists in the debugging & run off of equipment
- Helps to train & coordinate work for electrical trainees
- May be asked to help install equipment at customer’s facility
- Works within Quality system parameters as required
- Engage in hydraulic & pneumatic plumbing of automated equipment
- Engage in troubleshooting hydraulic & pneumatic circuits of automated equipment
Training & Experience Required
Vocational/technical training in electronics, completion of a formal apprenticeship or in-plant training. May be required to follow other job-related instructions & to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state & federal laws.
- May be subject to higher noise levels from operating machines; physical hazards from moving equipment & machine parts.
- Standard industrial and manufacturing working conditions