For over 70 years Ahaus has been building innovative manufacturing solutions for its customers. Ahaus products are engineered with insight and foresight – never with hindsight. Our technically strong mechanical and controls engineers continuously search for thoughtful solutions to improve customers’ manufacturing processes. We anticipate and solve problems not only in the design of our products but in their application.
Ahaus is seeking a CNC Machinist.
Duties, Responsibilities & Information
- Specific experience
- Machine different types of parts regularly (none production)
- Vertical Mill
- Horizontal/Boring Mill
- 5-Axis Mill (This would be a big plus)
- Specifically Mazak machines
- Ability to CNC Program without Software
- Surface and Jig Grinding experience is a plus
- Wire EDM experience is a plus
- Ability to hold close tolerances (.0005” or less)
- Flexible and willingness to run different machines as required
- Able to read and understand detail and assembly drawings
- GD&T understanding a plus
- Able to plate inspect details
- Math skills - basic Trig understanding
- Able to use inspection measuring tools: micrometers, calipers, height checks, depth mic's. etc.
Training & Experience Required
- The following areas of expertise are required to be an effective Machinist:
- Machine tool operation
- CNC Programming
- Math skills, including knowledge of dimensional tolerances and GD&T
- Precision measurement instruments
- Reading and interpreting blueprints
- General Computer skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Vocational training, on the job training, and apprenticeships are all typical forms of formal training for a Machinist
- May be subject to higher noise levels from operating machines; physical hazards from moving equipment & machine parts.
- Standard industrial and manufacturing working conditions