For over 70 years Ahaus has been building innovative manufacturing solutions for its customers. Ahaus products are engineered with insight and foresight – never with hindsight. Our technically strong mechanical and controls engineers continuously search for thoughtful solutions to improve customers’ manufacturing processes. We anticipate and solve problems not only in the design of our products but in their application.
Ahaus is seeking an experienced Toolmaker, Machine Builder.
Duties, Responsibilities & Information
- Leads the manufacturing, processing, and building of challenging & engaging projects.
- Interprets detail & assembly drawings.
- Debugs, troubleshoots issues with team members.
- Coordinates, communicates with, & leads team members from project start to completion.
Training & Experience Required
- Strong background in general machine shop practices (milling, turning, grinding, assembly).
- Strong history of successfully building components with high accuracy and precision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- General computer skills
- Vocational training, on the job training, and apprenticeships are all typical forms of formal training for a Toolmaker
- Minimum of 5 years experience, 8-10 years in a job shop preferred
- Machine tool training in a job shop atmosphere a plus
-Vocational school a plus
-Hydraulic and pneumatic experience a plus
- May be subject to higher noise levels from operating machines
- Standard physical hazards from moving equipment & machine parts
- Standard industrial and manufacturing working conditions
- Some opportunity for light travel to customers' facilities